Suse

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 21:09:02 EDT 2002

I installes Suse 8.0 from ftp and have been playing with it, I have autofs and
NIS working (pretty easy after doing it 5-6 times :-)  and am trying hard to do
things the Suse way(tm) ie not falling into changing files....)

I ran online upgrade many times and looked for options but I cant seem to get
my software to match teh software in 8.1 (can i even get to 8.1 fram an online
upgrade?)  I have Open Office and Mozilla and OO is .641 and Mozilla is .98 and
they both are post 1.0 in the file listing for 8.1 at distrowatch.

Anyone know anything about this and where I shoudl be pointing for upgrades?

JJN

PS any good irc or web sites for Suse newbies?   This yast is easy to use but
sometimes frustrating, i must admit if I was a new user of linux everythign was
setup relatively quickly...