RedHat 8.0

John R. Ghidiu john at rmdashrf.org
Fri Oct 4 12:38:08 EDT 2002

ok. its the shutdown menu (i just re-read the original post). that makes
sense. kdm is just changing the lilo.conf file and running lilo. i dont
know that gdm does that, but id be willing to bet that if you had even a
small amount of programming experience, you could easily port the kdm code
to gdm (and it is probably not that much code).

here is a link (of most of the lilo-related code):

http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/se/www/kde/reuse_patterns/source_code/kcontrol.src/classes/kcontrol'KDMLiloWidget.html

hope that helps!

john

John R. Ghidiu