RedHat 8.0

John R. Ghidiu john at rmdashrf.org
Fri Oct 4 12:32:57 EDT 2002

i am pretty sure i am confused now. the normal order of operation is:

poweron/POST
load the boot manager (lilo)
select the OS (linux)
login (kdm)
do stuff
logout
shutdown/reboot/repeat as necessary

if i understand you, you are saying that kdm lets you boot into windows?
so, lilo boots up, you boot into linux, kdm starts, and you tell kdm that
you want to boot into windows. is that correct? then, your computer boots
back into linux (when you are done in windows)? am i missing something?

john

John R. Ghidiu
john at rmdashrf.org