setting up common location for mozilla bookmarks and email

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu May 23 15:55:28 EDT 2002

Actually, Mozilla installs ts preferences into a .mozilla folder.  Unless
it detects the existence of a .netscape folder, then it will use that.

There are 2 problems I see with sharing.  One, I don't know if Mozilla for
Windows uses the same config layout as Linux (though logically it would
seem sane).  Two, 7bit character encoding vs. 8-bit encoding.  aka,
Windows using the extra bit for carraige returns might make Mozilla think
the preferences (or email files for that matter) are corrupt.

Just some food for thought

-Rob

> eeww.. I don't know if that possible. Linux looks in .netscape in your
> home dir. I don't know if you can change it. As for email, can you do
> IMAP?
>
> On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 15:34, umar wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > can someone guide me on how to set up the bookmarks of
> > mozilla in such a way that both windows and linux
> > versions of mozilla can access same bookmarks
> > (obviously they would store somewhere in windows
> > partition but dont know exactly where and how). Also,
> > I would like to do same for emails so that I can
> > access my email account no matter which OS I am
> > running.
> >
> > Umar

> > LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
> > http://launch.yahoo.com
> >
> > --
> > dangerous content by Dynabrade using MailScanner,
> > and is believed to be clean.
> --
> Justin Bennett
> Red Hat Certified Engineer