Alpha, additional notes and a question...

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 22 21:07:32 EDT 2002

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Lukasiewicz
  To: nflug at nflug.org
  Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 5:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Alpha, additional notes and a question...

  Ronald (Ron),

  I read till my eyes bled...I was up till 3AM that night.  Some of the info was unbelieveable - In fact it inspired me to look at a few other avenues.  I'd like to get a copy of the Red Hat you have ... I just picked up blank CD's today. I know it sound like a little overload - BUT - perhaps we could do a dual load - BOTH Alpha's at the same time.  Since yours is a desk top size perhaps we could arrange a date/time for a visit?

  Anytime anyway. All we have to do is arrange a time and date where we can get all that wants to watch and or get involved work on this. One thing though it may take a few hours. In other words many hours! We need the ability to have as much time as needed to do this for this is not like doing an intel box thats for dam sure! I'll burn the disks as soon as I get a chance to do it. All the info I sent as an attachments took a little over a year and theres still more info out there. Especially concerning your box which is a lot more complicated than mine. Well we'll have to plan it. Let me get through this week end and I'll see how's my time frame for the rest of this month or we can plan for it for sometime in June. Ok?

  Ron:)

  I have a feeling though that the driver issue for the DAC960 Raid card may still come into play...

  Joe Lukasiewicz