Alpha, additional notes and a question...

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 22 15:49:53 EDT 2002

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Lukasiewicz
  To: Niagara Frontier Linux
  Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 12:01 PM
  Subject: Alpha, additional notes and a question...

  Hi,

  I've been poking around and managed to scare up some resources that I think could assist me (us) in getting the Alpha 2100 up and running.

  It seems the controller card for the Raid is a MYLEX DAC960...  I have some info on it including what I believe to be drivers and possible "instructions"...

  Rather than just plop everything in the forum, I was wondering how to proceed?  I think the kernel will need to be rebuilt, or the drivers recompiled, or the "recover" kernal made to some how recognize the drivers...

  As you can tell, were starting to get a little beyond my level on this...Any ideas?

  I wish I could help you but I need to see it in order to understand the in's and out's of it all!

  Ron

  Joe Lukasiewicz