printing in an NT Server enviro

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 16:01:40 EDT 2002

Well, if you want to print from Linux to the WinNT printer, go into 'kups'
or under Configuration->Printing->CUPS WWW Admin Tool and
configure a printer for SMB.  You will get a place to enter username and
password information in either of them.  If NT has enabled guest access,
you won't need to login to the domain to print.  If you don't have guest
access, uncheck the 'Guest Account' button and put in a username and
password.  The next screen will allow you to set the domain, server, printer
name.  Put in the printer type and all should be well.  I've done this with
several different config tools and they all work.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Bob'
--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>   I have a Mandrake 8.2 box that I drop into an NT Server office that
> Netbui protocol for printing. The server does have an address of
> 101.101.10.50/255.255.0.0. The have a WINS server address of
> 101.101.10.1. From the Linux box I can ping the WINS server address but
> not the machine's address (.50). From the NT box, I can ping my Linux
> box. What needs to be done to print through this server to a printer on
> the network? I remember reading on here before about this but forgot. I
> believe you have to authenticate somehow right? All thoughts and ideas
> are GREATLY appreciated. I've got my foot in the door with Linux but
> hardly a good sell when you can't print. Thanks

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.
36 Cayuga Blvd