connection sharing issues

Gregory J. Neumann dadneumann at adelphia.net
Mon May 20 12:40:30 EDT 2002

Are you using a "private" network for the XP boxes?  I've found that
sharing Adelphia is best when assigning local addresses for the LAN,
rather than DHCP.  It just seems to work better.  I used FREESCO and
SmoothWall GPL, so I'm not at all sure what Mandrake firewall would be
doing.  Be aware that no matter what the docs may say, there are grave
security risks running a firewall as a service on a "production" work
station!  You'd be much better off grabbing one of Ron's P-II's and
setting up a dedicated firewall ... Linux of course!

-Greg