adelphia cable on linux

deadpoint at adelphia.net deadpoint at adelphia.net
Sat May 18 17:04:15 EDT 2002

you shouldn't need to do this, the dhcp client on you machine will get and
configure your IP address, name servers,  and default route. it will
configure all routing actually. if you open a terminal window and to
ifconfig -a or ifconfig eth0 you should have an IP address assigned from
adelphia. if you run netstat -rn you'll get the routing info, the default
route should be similare to you IP address, with the last octet being 1. if
you cat /etc/resolv.conf  it should contain info like:
domain buf.adelphia.net.
nameserver 24.48.33.2
nameserver 24.48.33.3
search buf.adelphia.net.

if you have a defaul route can you ping it, can you ping the nameserver IP
address?