adelphia cable on linux

Ken Galle kagalle at infoblvd.net
Sat May 18 16:46:58 EDT 2002

Make sure you have a default route and make sure you can resolve names (most likly the problem).  Since it is a cable on-all-the-time connection, you can just add "nameserver x.x.x.x" to the /etc/resolv.conf file, where x.x.x.x is the adelphia's dns server.  Check the route by doing "route".  The method for adding a static route varies by distro - redhat it is under /etc/sysconfig/routes, and the format of the file is sort of odd.  I always end up looking at the /etc/rc.d/init.d/network script to figure it out.  Don't know about mandrake.

Ken