Buffalo Internet and Computer Magazine

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Thu May 16 23:36:45 EDT 2002

On 10 May 2002, at 7:14, Justin Bennett wrote:

> Ok I'm up for it, I'm thinking a "What is Linux" Article, maybe explaining
> what linux is, as well as opensource and it's advantages. Then throw a NFLUG
> plug at the bottom.

[Large Edit]

I think that's a good idea.
When I was considering a new computer, a friend asked me what
OS I was putting in. I had heard of Linux, but had no idea what it
really was. I took a virtual tour of Windows XP and knew I definitely
did NOT want that.
I bounced around 4 or 5 websites investigating Linux, found a link
to NFLUG's site, and 2 days later I was at a meeting asking
questions.

Scott

Registered Linux User 261118