Email Encryption

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun May 12 15:54:44 EDT 2002

<x-html>
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi.&nbsp; I know this is a little off topic, but I'd really appreciate some
feedback.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am currently running Windoze 98 on my laptop (no disk space for a dual
boot etc.). I would like to encrypt some of my email.&nbsp; I tried pgp, but it
seems to be managed by a large corporation and I don't know if I should trust
it.&nbsp; Then, I downloaded gpg which I think I can trust, but it runs in a DOS
window and I'm not really sure how to use it.&nbsp;&nbsp; The 40 page manual
really doesn't address DOS or Windoze at all.&nbsp; Given the awkwardness, I'm
not sure I could convince any of my intended recipients to use it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Have any of you dealt with this or have any ideas (other than scrap Windoze
and just use Linux)?&nbsp; Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe</DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>