Topic for next meeting

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 14:06:31 EDT 2002

I was thinking about it from the point of view of setting up a system
for a non-linux experienced user.  Peter has worked out a process that
gets a casual Windows user to be able to function in Linux for many
of the typical tasks that would cause concern with viruses such
as reading Email and browsing the Web.  He also gets Windmodems
working first time, every time.

I think that our users would benefit from his experience in subversive,
guerilla advocacy by providing the tools that users need in a format
that is easy for them to deal with.

Remember, that we also have to convince Mom and Pop to stop
feeding at the trough of M$ and the only way to do that is to
make it easier for them to read Email, browse the Web, write
letters and handle multimedia such as scanners and sound.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>   Don't know if we have a topic for the next meeting but as I was
> talking with Bob Meyer last night on the phone, he suggested that I do a
> demonstration of a Mandrake 8.2 install and further to show how to
> install a software modem (as this has been a hot subject on here) Any
> thoughts?
> p.s. It would be great if we could get that digital projector back again
> as well if we are to do this one.

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.