OpenOffice 1.0 Now Available

Gregory J. Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Wed May 1 15:35:54 EDT 2002

It's not "exactly" the 1.0 release.  I remember something about it on the
OpenOffice.org mailing lists, but I can't remember exactly what was said.  I've
been using the 641D build on Win98 since it was available, and I like it alot.
The only down side is that Star Office 5.x had a "paint shop" like image editor
that OOo doesn't have.  Past that, 641D is more stable and faster than Star
Office 5.x, and so similar to Star Office 6 beta that I can't tell the difference
- except OOo is more stable.  One caveat, DON'T save to Word format and reopen it
expecting it to look the same!  They make no guarantees on that.  But do get it!

-Greg