OpenOffice 1.0 Now Available

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 13:48:25 EDT 2002

I downloaded and installed it today.  I was having a problem with a
spreadsheet that I tried to import from Excel but it kept crashing both
OpenOffice and Koffice.  It works (with minor glitches) in OpenOffice 1.0.

Also, for anyone that downloaded the beta versions of OpenOffice, only
to find that the stuff to make KDE work wasn't there, there is now a kde/share
directory with applnks and mimetype directories that can be copied directly
to $HOME/.kde/share.  Remember that for Mandrake KDE, applnk is really
applnk-mdk.  I copied them into my kde dir and everything worked, right off.

Another satisfied customer...

Cheers!
Bob

--- Robert Romito <robromito at adelphia.net> wrote:
> OpenOffice is based on StarOffice 5.2.  Version 1.0 has officially been
> released.  I switched from StarOffice 6.0 when my beta expired and found
> out Sun would be charging for StarOffice 6.0.  OpenOffice is a solid
> office suite and worth trying - available for Linux and Windows.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Robert Romito

=====