April's meeting place

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 15 09:44:01 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "WAYNE MELBROD" <wmelbrod at mandtbank.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: April's meeting place

> Gentlemen,
>
> I have not been following this thread too closely so I maybe sharpening an
old saw. As a part time student in the computer science program at UB,  I am
aware that UB has a LUG  (for students only) and the infrastructure to
support it.  I also know many member in this NFLUG know UB (or ex UB
students) students.  Some of them post to NFLUG  from time to time.

> I think they (UBLUG) would be sympathetic to NFLUG's situation.  I don't
know what UB's overall attitude would be toward a non - profit computer club
using their facilities, but I would imagine that UB's LUG could be an ally
in obtaining UB's permission.  It could be pitched as an "educational"
(emphasis)  community service. UB has an entire division call Millard
Fillmore Collage that is for continuing professional education (a.k.a. adult
education) All they can say is no.  However, if they say yes (even with
conditions) it is a convenient location and they are 'wired' for sound.

> Regards,
> Wayne
>
><------------------------------snip------------------------------------->

Well it can't hurt to ask! Who or whom will do the honors asking the
collage, and see if they would make allowances on behalf of NFLUG? It would
be a nice joint effort between both LUG's to advocate LINUX in a more
nurturing environment.

Just my two cents worth:)

Ron

> excellent point bob
>
> Robert Meyer wrote:
>
> >I don't know that ECC South would be a good choice during the Fall and
Winter