CD-RW's Drive Problems.

Kenneth Galle kagalle at infoblvd.net
Tue Mar 12 13:08:53 EST 2002

I had all sort of trouble with cdrw under windows when I first got a cdrw
drive.  It would sometimes fail, sometimes lock up with the drive still
spinning, etc.  So then I figured out how to use mkisofs and cdrecord in
linux, and have never had a failure (except for the rare occation of a bad
disk) since.  cdrdao also works good - but takes more initial setup to use.
There is a X front end for cdrecord, xcdroast I think is the name.

Master or slave should work if the drive is jumpered correctly.  There has to
be a master on the bus though, and single master is certainly the best
arrangement.

Ken Galle