hey i missed the meeting

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 12 09:31:37 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "raymond sherry" <raymond2375 at yahoo.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:01 AM
Subject: hey i missed the meeting

> I missed the meeting i was really looking forwad to
> getting mandrate 8... well, i guess i will have to
> wait till next month

<----------------------------snip----------------------------->
Would you like a copy of Mandrake 8.1 or RedHat 7.2?
Mandrake is vary easy to install and you can get connected to the web
after answering just a few questions. If your using a windows box your
information about your ISP should be in your user account info
you will have to write it down and have it on hand during the install.
RedHat is nice but not as easy to set up in order to instantly get connected
to the web right after the install.
I have AT&T as my ISP and the info I needed to supply was my Network ID,
Network Password, Primary & Secondary DNS addresses and so forth.
Also I would suggest that its easyer to install Linux on a separate hard
drive,
and use LILO to dual boot. Thats if you have just one box and your already
using
windows on it.

Well let me or the group know and we'll have a copy available for you to
pick up
at a meeting that your planning to attend.
Hay bring the box and we'll do the install at the meeting?

Ron