Keyboard Shortcuts

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Mon Jun 24 18:13:05 EDT 2002

	In Windows land, I have "hot keys" set up for specific functions.
For example Ctl+Shft+N opens Notepad, Ctrl+Shift+W opens Wordpad,
Ctrl+Shift+D opens the directory containing all my documents,
Ctrl+Shift+I launches my dial up internet connection .... You get the
idea. These work no matter what I'm doing, and were accomplished by
creating a shortcut to the application or directory, then entering
the hot key sequence in its Properties.

	In linux, apparently these are called key bindings, but from what I
gather from Help, these are all application specific. What I would
like to do is: Ctrl+Shift+N open Advanced Editor, Ctrl+Shift+W open
Kword, Ctrl+Shift+H open my home directory in Konqueror.

Is there a way to accomplish this in Mandrake 8.1 with KDE ?

--
S. Lawton

Kmail 1.3.1