email clients

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Sun Jun 23 11:43:25 EDT 2002

On 23 Jun 2002, at 0:16, Ron Ostrander wrote, in part:

[EDIT]
> > sylpheed 0.61:
> > Is there a way to configure the tool bar ?
>
> No, there isn't (yet). I think it's something scheduled for a later
> release, but I'm not sure.

Ok, Thanks.

> > I couldn't seem to find one, and the manual is not there.
>
> Sylpheed versions of that vintage apparently had a bug which prevented
> the manual and FAQ from being shown. Sylpheed is now up to 0.78,
> however, and those bugs have been fixed.

Ok, then that explains that.

> BTW, for what it's worth I've found the latest version of Sylpheed to
> be *excellent*. Very stable, very fast, no complaints at all. Best
> e-mail client I've ever used, basically. More than I can say for
> Kmail, which I liked at first but had to give up after the thirtieth
> or so time it froze my X server.
> --
I'll have to try to find it. Do you know if it's available as an rpm, or is
it some thing I'll have to compile in ?

If you notice my other email client post, KMail decided for no
apparent reason this morning that it COULD use my SMTP
settings after all. Tried all day yesterday, periodically, but it would
only receive.

--
Scott
Registered Linux User 261118