Windows Profiles/Scripts in Samba

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Wed Jun 5 08:13:43 EDT 2002

Don't know much about doing roaming profiles, we use local profiles on
the machines. Here's a how to... Basically there is a netlogon share in
smb.conf. in this directory all login scripts / policy files will
reside.
http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/using_samba/ch06_06.html

There is also an oreily samba book. Never read it, but oriely books are
usually really good...

http://safari.oreilly.com/main.asp?bookname=samba

you can even pay for it and view it online, don't need shipping...

hope this helps

Justin

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 23:24, Carl Yost Jr. wrote:
> Guys,
>   I have been looking for information on settings these up, and can't seem to find any that gives all the info I think I need. I am not at all familiar with windows profiles, where I have to store them, what I have to store, and how to get them to come down when you login. Also the same with the login scripts. I see where you can put them, or edit the smb.conf file to grab them from. Is there a good resource out there to help. We have 98 and 1 NT 4.0 terminal citrix box. Also I have some 2000 pro machines. Anyone have a solid link or a solid book. I have the Samba book from O'Reily but seems to be a bit out of date. Any help again would be greatly appreciated.
>
>   Carl
>
> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean.
Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator