rpm's

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Jul 25 21:05:42 EDT 2002

Thanks Scott, you can do pretty much the same thing from within kpackage
but it is still a far cry from Mandrake's Software Manager, unless I'm
missing something, which is sometimes a strong possibility, lol
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 18:05, two_black_dogs wrote:

    >  #2 didn't do it, it still requires a query. With Mandrake's Software
    > manager you can query all the rpm's that came with the distro by file
    > name, text within, etc. Anything like that I can do from command
    > prompt? or does RedHat have a GUI similar that would do it? (not
    > kpackage)
    > On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 10:25, Cyber Source wrote: / I was looking for a
    > way to list or query all the rpm's that came with the distribution of
    > RedHat 7.3(Valhalla). It looks like your second choice might do the
    > trick. Thanks /

    Peter- If this is what you're after, I just tried this:
    I mounted the 2nd CD of Mandrake 8.1and opened it in the File Manager [I
    used Konqueror],  then navigated to the directory called RPMs.
    All the rpm titles on that disk were listed, similar to " Installable"
    in Software Manager, only one disk at a time.
    Crude, but effective.   :-)

    Scott Lawton

    --
    two_black_dogs