Mounting a Mac drive

Gregory J. Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Thu Jul 11 12:10:13 EDT 2002

"He's a pinball wizard ..."
Yeah, that sounds like a toasty drive!  They make cool sounds, don't
they?  My (then) 8 year old loved powering up an old 500 meg just to
listen to the whirring, popping and pinging sounds!  Usually followed
by "Captain!  The main targeting computer has been damaged by the
photon torpedo attack!  All your base are belong to us!" ;-)

The sad part is losing the data. :-(
The good part is you know how to get Mac files into Linux now, and in
true Linux fashion, you have several ways to do it.  Bob Meyer will
probably step in and mention the importance of good back up
strategies.  There's got to be some sort of Murphy-ism about the most
critical data automatically migrating to the least reliable storage
device, but I can't remember it.
-Greg