Ok I am not usually the biggest MS basher, but....

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Mon Jul 8 19:11:47 EDT 2002

On 8 Jul 2002, at 12:25, Gregory J. Neumann wrote:

> Sorta right up there with the Win2k server being provided "AS IS AND
> WITH ALL FAULTS" (caps, bold and italics all courtesy of Microsoft!)
> and if the defect doesn't show up in 90 days, no recourse, and if it's
> caused by a virus, even if the virus shipped w/ the product, no
> recourse.  M$ has gotta have GM and Ford drooling at a warranty that
> takes your money and guarantees next to nothing, especially if the
> product manages to "perform substantially in accordance with
> accompanying materials" for 90 days.  The recourse is either a "fixed"
> product or a refund at Microsoft's option.  The "fixed" product being
> then warranted under the same conditions for the remainder of the 90
> days or 30 days, (and this surprised me!) whichever is longer!  Hmm...
> I bet they fired that lawyer! ;-)  It probably reads "shorter" on the
> amended agreement on the website.  And people want Microsoft
> because it's supported???  I guess it's true that nobody reads those
> EULA's!  And can you believe I agreed to that as an environment for
> my company's critical business data?? <sigh!>  "... but I vas only
> followink orders!"
>
> -Greg
>
> > This just isn't all good.................
> >

> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25956.html

The best part is, people paid them for the privilege of corrupting
and/or disabling their systems !

It's all part of the grand Master Plan to hopelessly commingle your
web browser/emailer/news reader/instant messenger into the math
co-processor/video controller/graphics accelerator/ sound
controller/signal interpreter/webcam on your all in one, slot-less,
port-less mother board. They want it to eventually be like MOTHER
on the Sulako.

ISA- Industry Standard Architecture; DROPPED [the standard, that
is] in favor of

PCI- Peripheral Control Interface; DROPPED in favor of ONBOARD
architecture,

so that ultimately you can't use your mouse, keyboard, monitor,
modem, speakers, camera, et cetera, unless you have their drivers
for them, because no one else has access to the "secret code" in
order to write one ! Soon system BIOS will be history.

[Sorry, I had to vent, after reading that article]

Anyway, that's why ......

I don't have Outlook, I have Pegasus Mail.
I don't have Outlook, I have Opera.
I don't have Outlook, I have Agent.
I don't have Outlook, I have XNews.
I don't have Outlook, I have ... er ... I don't have ANY instant
messaging.

And more and more, as I figure out how to do what I want and need
to do, I can say, "I don't have Outlook, I have LINUX !"

I actually told my brother on the phone the other day to "mount
fd0." He said, "WHAT !!" I said, "I mean, put a disk in your A drive,
then open it." :-)

--
Scott
Registered Linux User 261118