rpm failed dependencies

peter pvant67 at wnyip.net
Sun Jul 7 18:16:02 EDT 2002

I would d/l the files that evolution deps on, evidently newer stuff ie
bonobo>= 1.0.19
libgtkhtml20 >= 1.0.3
gtkhtml >= 1.0.3
libgal19 >= 0.19.2
bonobo-conf >= 0.15
oaf >= 0.6.7
gal >= 0.19.2

the *.so files should be included in the above. The order of
installation is not that critical if you put all these files in the same
dir that you have evolution in, and you d/l'ed them from the same dir.
That's what I usually do for large upgrades, then just cd into that dir
and do
rpm -Uvh *.rpm

provided that the dir you [put all these files in was empty to begin
with. Usuallu a temp dir in one's home is sufficient.

HTH

pete

--
"Truly, if Te is strong in one, all one needs to do is sit on one's ass,
and the corpse of one's enemy shall be carried past shortly."