rpm failed dependencies

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Sun Jul 7 17:55:39 EDT 2002

On Sunday 07 July 2002 05:04 pm, John R. Ghidiu wrote
about Re: rpm failed dependencies:
> Scott,
>
> Assuming that you are using Red Hat, the .so files should be
> installed in the correct place (if the install is a RPM). These .so
> files can really be anywhere on the system, as long as the system
> knows where these files are (LD_LIBRARY, I think, but I am not 100%
> sure). Note that these might not be all the libraries that you
> need: bonobo may require foo, which requires bar, but since
> evolution does not require foo or bar, they are not listed. When I
> first tried evolution, I tried the Ximian desktop. Downloading this
> and installing it will include all the libraries that you need for
> evolution, in addition, will install Red Carpet, which is an Ximian
> installer, which can be used to resolve these dependency issues.
>
> John Ghidiu

Thanks, John.
I'm running Mandrake 8.1, which is a Red Hat derivative. I have
everything in the dependencies list, just older versions, as part of
installing GNOME , ie evolution v0.13. I like Evolution, but the
version I have is "crashy"- daemons keep dying and aren't re-spawned.

If Ximian Desktop has all the necessary tools and components, I'll go
that route to upgrade it.

--
S. Lawton

Kmail 1.3.1