Question re IP and routing/DNS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 17:14:43 EST 2002

It came to me in a dream last night.  I was trying to speed up the programs
starting in X so I commented out a lot of nisplus and nis in nsswitch.conf.  so
the line that said

hosts:  files nisplus nis dns then said
hosts:  files #nisplus nis dns

DOH!  I thought of it while I was explaining out loud what was happening to my
wife (strange bedtime conversation I know but you do what you want in bed and
I'll do what I want! )

Anyway that was a great hit right on the head.  And thanks for the DNS server
address.  I will add that to my DHCP config and my /etc/resolv.conf on my
server.

JJN