routing/DNS

Riga, Anthony Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com
Wed Jan 23 12:18:33 EST 2002

I have Adelphia cable modem and Ive noticed that every one in a while it
loses its connection when Im on the internet . Sometimes I have to
unplug and plug in my modem to get it to work. Is that because of their
DNS server? I use a dlink router with it because my pc's are networked.
I noticed when I look at the ip address in Linux Redhat its the
24.xxx.xx.x address that the dhcp server gives from Adelphia and not the
one the router gives . But it works ..  Adelphias connections suck
though. Are ther any good web sites that have good informnation on
installing SAMBA server? --  Thanks