Hardware conflicts

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at localnet.com
Sun Jan 20 05:08:00 EST 2002

My workstation has gone down. It is a 2year old AMD Athlon 500Mhz. It
has USB disabled as I don't use it yet. I tried to install Mandrake 8.0
from CD. It started up fine. However, When I got to configure the mouse
in installation it froze up. I rebooted to get into bios setup. found
USB was not disable. I disabled it again. Now I have a conflict with AGP
and my Adaptec scsi card. They both want IRQ 11. Since my CDR and DVD
are both scsi it wants a bootable disk. I don't do M$ Windows on this
box nor my server that has same board/chip and scsi devices. Does anyone
know howto fix this problem? Are there utilities to assign which device
gets which IRQ? (Mainboard is a FIC SD11A) There are only 2 options in
the CMOS setup for each IRQ. They are: PCI/pnp and ISA/??? . Don' recall
what  ??? is as I don't run ISA anything.

Thank you
Bob Stockdale

ps. If I can, I may make it to the meeting. Might even bring this box.
Got to first see what the other half has planned.