Meeting

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Jan 17 08:11:11 EST 2002

> I'll be there, and glad to hear anything about passwords, file
> volumes, Quake, and how to install Mandrake dual boot with
> WinSE on a 20 GB. I got my new box. Put in Win95 and all the
> drivers for all the onboard stuff, only to find out Win95 can't
> communicate with the AMR modem. I wound up buying WinSE,
> stopped there, and went back to trying to figure out the browser
> crash on the coal burner. I can install over, or wipe the drive and
> start fresh. WinSE is still in the wrapper, and I'm wide open to
> suggestions.

I'll bring the Quake binaries with me (and the src too, if anyone is
feeling adventerous).  I'm still hoping for a mini-frag fest at the
meeting this Sunday.  Don't wuss out on me, Meyer ;)  Will someone have a
hub available at the meeting?

Scott, you mention WinSE?  Do you mean Win98SE, or WinME.  There's so many
acronyms, that you can't be too sure nowadays.  If you still have WinME
(assumption here) in the wrapper, I would suggest remaining with Win98.
There's no significant difference between the 2 that 3rd party drivers
& the Windows update site can't compensate for.... Unless you like System
Restore hogging a crap load of disk space, especially since System Restore
is broken in WinME ;)  I also like having DOS easily available in Win98.
You can call me Console happy.

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.