Quake

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Jan 3 17:56:02 EST 2002

k, Since none of the linux binaries of quake from ID's ftp site would work
correctly with my system, I tried downloading the source from idsoftware.

It took a while, but I was able to successfully compile new quake binaries
that work with the current glibc packages.  Along with that, it also
correctly works with my 3dfx card (holy crap!)

I have several binaries to share:

squake - run from command prompt (doesn't need Xwindows, just svgalib)
quake.x11 - runs within Xwindows
glquake - I "believe" it only needs a gl capable card.  Not sure if it's
still 3dfx dependant or not.
glquake.3dfx - runs beautifully on my Voodoo2 card :)

Even though I built these on a Redhat system, they should work just fine
on any linux flavor.  If anyone wants to try these out, just lemme know.

I said it before & I'll say it again.  The incentive to play a computer
game is the best teacher :)

say yer prayers, Bob

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.