Linux Cert

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 26 08:40:05 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Rishel <chaz03 at localnet.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: Linux Cert

Not yet but hope to within a week.. will keep you all updated.

I also got a pretty decent book on the portions of the exam you should
cover.  It was the O'Reilly book (of course)(gotta love those pretty animal
books ;-) ) I have been going through it, found some nice commands that I
learned to use pretty quickly, like tee, works great for logging logfiles
as you see them scrolling by from a diff machine, kinda like the log
function in Windows telnet session.

Oh, as an aside on books, someone asked about a good place to start, let my
put my .02 in on that one, I found another real good book, even for people
that have been doing this for some time, such as myself, there is an online
tutorial @ http://rute.sourceforge.net  I started reading it online at work
when I had time, and liked it so much so that I bought a copy of it.
It even covers a pretty well laid out study/lesson plans from beginner to
medium advanced. (haven't read the whole book yet)

Chaz®
At 11:19 AM 2/25/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anybody taken the Comp Tia Linux+ Exam? I was wondering what areas
>it covered ?

Whats nice about the site is that the book is downloadable in PDF or HTML
format.
I downloaded the PDF format.

Well Career Blazers Learning Center was to start CompTia's
Linux+ course work but it never came through. The reason given was not that
theres not
enough interest in Linux in Buffalo to warrent making the course available
in Buffalo.
The Server+ also did a belly up because of the same reasons I was tolled.
The local tech schools will not add these courses do to the cost of
regestering them with the New York State Dept of Ed to make them creditable.
(and the cost of the devlopment of the course work)
Which sucks I was going to take the Server+ and then go on to the Linux+
that
Career Blazers was stating in their adds that they where going to add these
courses
to their curriculum. I was also trying to find out where the PLI, and the
RHCE was
available in WNY. All not available in Buffalo NY.

It seams that WNY sucks with keeping up with the times.
WNY seams to never get out of its (head out of its ass) blue collar steel
workers frame of mind
and see that the Computer World is here and here to stay. I'm vary upset
that what I wanted
to go after is not made available in Buffalo NY but is available in other
parts of the nation.

Well my two cents worth.

Ron Maggio