Running Linux

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 25 20:42:56 EST 2002

Hi John.

You mentioned something about Running Linux. I have the second edition and
from what I found out about the latest edition from O'Reilly is the following:

This book has all the information you need to understand, install,
start using the Linux operating system. It includes an installation
tutorial, system maintenance tips, document development and
programming tools, and guidelines for network, file, printer, and
Web site administration. New topics in the third edition include
KDE, Samba, PPP, and revised instructions for installation and
configuration (especially for the Red Hat, SuSE and Debian
distributions).

New topics in the third edition include:

(KDE), a desktop that brings the friendliness and ease-of-use of Windows or
the Macintosh to Linux.

(Samba), which turns Linux into an office hub that serves files and printers
to Microsoft systems.

(PPP), the most popular software for logging into remote systems over phone
lines.

Revised instructions for installation and configuration, particularly
covering the Red Hat, SuSE and Debian distributions.

I was wondering does anyone have the 3rd edition?
and if someone does could you please photocopy out these
new topics chapters for me I will pay for the cost of the copying.

Thanks

Ron