DEC ALPHA

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at localnet.com
Thu Feb 21 20:21:06 EST 2002

Not bad Darin. However, I'd do things slightly different.
  Such as:

  sda0=5.0mb	/boot	(boot fs, gives room for several kernels)
  sda1=523mb	/home	(should? be plenty of room for home dirs)
  sdb=4.3gig	/usr	(where all the apps will go)
  sdc=1.010gig	/	(root filesystem, includes /dev, /etc, etc.)
  sdd0=256mb	<swap>	(nice big swap space)
  sdd=170mb	/tmp	(helps limit temporary files)
  sde=426mb	/var	(gives you plenty of space for logs)

There are many other options such as load balancing.  A simple method
for that is to keep all heavily used directories on separate drives.
Just a few thoughs.
Bob