Automount and mount questions

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Feb 20 09:05:08 EST 2002

your auto.home/auto_home map should only contain
`hostname`:/path/to/home. to view the auto_home NIS run the following
command:

Linux:		ypcat auto.home || ypcat auto_home
Solaris:	niscat auto_home.org_dir

to specify nfs options you need to do this in the system that you are
sharing or exporting the filesystem from. on a Linux server it would be
/etc/exports and on Solaris it /etc/dfs/dfstab. in linux you can modify
or add shares with the exportfs command, these changes are written to
/var/lib/nfs/xtab and under solaris you can modify shares on the fly
with the  share(1M) command, these are written to /etc/dfs/sharetab.
using exportfs and share DO NOT modify the above mention /etc files.