DEC ALPHA

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 14:19:11 EST 2002

Documents I had to read to fully understand multiple disks and where things
should (tm) go>

LinuxDoc.org  Look for Multi-Disk HOWTO (make notes while you read because no
two peopel will agree on what is the "right"  setup and something may make
sense but you'll forget it by teh end of the doc!) and File-System Hierarchy
<the FSH doc is a BEST CASE scenario and almost no one uses it but it is the
model.

ALSO the Mandrake 8.1 documentation
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/81/en/ref.html/

This explains fstab and /boot and the like very well.  It also goes over
command line utilities like soft links (changing X to point something other
than XFree86 etc.)

Happy reading

JJN