Boot loaders

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 19 08:07:48 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Blank" <jblank at didonato.cc>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: Boot loaders

> Hi all...
>
> With regards to grub, it's pretty easy to use.  I had it installed
> automagically with progeny 1.0 and have not looked back.  When I installed
> Debian Woody a few months ago I spent some time figuring out how to
install
> grub and work with it.  I really like the ease with which you can add a
new
> boot choice and instantly have grub recognize it.  I will try to find the
> links to all the grub related stuff I have at home tonight.
>
> Is your question about boot labels with regards to grub?  You may be
better
> off letting rh install without pointing to grub and then editing the
> grub  config file to allow for a boot to windoze....  Not to sure about
how
> to set up in rh specifically tho... Good luck and if I can help, I'll be
> glad to...
>
> Jeff

"Is your question about boot labels with regards to grub?"

No it was if anyone used it, and as compared to LILO, Did they like it? Is
it better than LILO?
Am I better off with LILO or is GRUB the next phase in bootloader evolution?
That's all, but thank you for answering my post, and the bit of info on how
you dealt with your use of it.

Thanks

Ron