Sunday

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Thu Feb 14 09:53:45 EST 2002

HEY Linux LOVERS

Lets ALL go to the meeting on Sunday, brainstorm (like we are now), and come
up with some ideas.  If we work together we can help our main mission (at
least my opinion of hte main mission):

HELP LINUX TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!

Windows started on the PC, failed in server rooms, and it will die on the
PC!  Lets make it happen and advertise LINUX -- Can the NFLUG get pins,
hats, teeshirts made.  Is there any interest in it?

LETS GET MOTIVATED and DO IT! WOOHOO!!!!

Now for your enjoyment....some Microsoft Bashing!

*************************************

If Microsoft Built Cars
-----------------------

*A particular model year of car wouldn't be available until AFTER that
year,instead of before.
*Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.
*Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, you'd have to restart
it. For some strange reason, you would just accept this.
*You could only have one person at a time in your car, unless you bought a
car '95 or a car NT, but then you'd have to buy more seats.
*You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car. If you didn't
upgrade it you wouldn't be able to drive on the newer roads.
*Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was solar powered, twice as
reliable, 5 times as fast, but only ran on 5% of the roads.
(The oil, alternator, gas, engine warning lights would be replaced with a
single " General Car Fault " warning light.
*People would get excited about the " new " features in Microsoft cars,
forgetting completely that they had been available in other brands for
years.
*We would still be waiting on the " 6000 sux 58'" model to come out.
*We'd all have to switch to Microsoft Gas (tm).
*Lee Iacocca would be hired-on as Bill G.'s chauffeur.
*The US government would be GETTING subsidies from an automaker, instead of
giving them.
*New seats will force everyone to have the same size ass.
*There would be a lot of built-in problem indicators that all say the same
thing: " Something is not working right."

Ronald K. Wechter
NRD Buffalo Assistant Systems Administrator
NRD Buffalo Webmaster
Navy Recruiting Department Buffalo
(716) 551-4901