Sunday meeting

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Tue Feb 12 13:49:06 EST 2002

Bob,

No way!  Friend at Southside Huh!  Gimme gimme gimme contact info -- I am
looking for guys in the Depew Department to help a bit wiht a website and/or
computers.  There is one issue at this point -- Politics :) (Be careful of
what you say - computers and websites are very touchy in Depew I've noticed)

I want to get a group from within the DFD to help a bit BUT....because of
past ventures...the leaders are very reluctant to get "to many" people
involved because of lack of interest.  If I can find a few guys that know
either linux OR are REALLY good with computers, linux may be their answer to
a "cheap" solution.  But with the cheaper cost there is more
"Administration" needed.

So - I am at Northside.
We (Don Wegst and myself) are planning on getting Adelphia powerlink (or
other broadband) to speed up data entry into the Firmatic Software.  I am
working with Don Wegst on getting (he is the main driving force -- I am the
tech geek) things setup and automated.  Also, because we are planning on
doing a website for the Department (this is taking a while), I am looking to
find a few interested souls (from within DFD) to do the website and IF we
get Adelphia I could then use northside for training.

**************************************
Also Bob, just got word back stating that only members are aloud in the
Firehalls -- Which means the would be out of the question.  BUT from what
Robert stated I think it is best to get larger attendance at the Statler
meetings.
**************************************

Leaders -- could we then maybe put some contact points on the website of
some people around different areas to always have a copy of linux available
to give to potential "recruits".  Also, I know there is a way to do it, can
we get a "contact list" for willing memebers together?  If you need I am
willing to help formalize things a bit.

Alrighty - Im going to shut up now :).  I think Iver started enough talk for
one day :)

Sincerely,

Ronald K. Wechter
NRD Buffalo Assistant Systems Administrator
NRD Buffalo Webmaster
Navy Recruiting Department Buffalo
(716) 551-4901