Sunday meeting

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Feb 12 11:39:25 EST 2002

I believe the leaders of the lug would be John Neff & Bob Meyer.  It
would seem somewhat odd to form a second lug with this purpose in mind.
It appears like a nice idea based on the fact, that it would
conform to people that can't attend the 3rd Sunday meetings.  The only
down side I immediately forsee would be trying to attend both meetings.

>  Also, the little tweaks and things done to make the multi-player
> happen will also show networking methods, etc.  Business users want

Most of my computer experience came from the drive to get games to run on
my computer.... and then to make then run better.  I still remember
tweaking boot disks to free as much of the 640KB base mem to run Dark
Forces :)

> > I agree with the below statements -- Here is one solution -- Why cant
> > the "hardcore" linux people hold an additional meeting either at a
> > different location or on the Second Sunday of the month at the towers.
> > I am willing to hold meetings somewhere in my hometown (I have access
> > to my Firehall, Depew High School, and a few other places for
> > meetings) more often (Depew), which would be closer for people at
> > Cheetktowaga, Williamsville, Lancaster, and Depew (obviously) if
> > needed.

Do they have internet access?  I can live with modem speed :)

> >         Also I think that we should start passing out a single sheet
> >         or
> > better with information on the topic. Like where to find, how to do,
> > web sites and so on. Most of this information (if not all) is on the
> > web, and a cut and paste is all it takes. I think that just a short
> > presentation does not do justice to the advocating of Linux. We have
> > to understand that not everybody is at the same level and that we need
> > to present Linux to the masses better than as we have been doing so
> > far.

Ron, this sounds cool to me.  Also makes for good references.  Can I
nominate you? :)

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me