RMP V 4.0x

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 09:01:02 EST 2002

Well, I'm a guessin that you didn't install the rpm builder or the rpm
rebuilder...rpm-rebuilder-0.5-1mdk and rpmbuilder-0.5.1b-1mdk and prolly
rpm-build-4.0.3-0.27mdk when you did the install.  They don't come up by
default and ya gotta put 'em in in individual package selection or ya gotta do
it after the fact.  Now I'm figgerin' that if'n ya install them, you'll be
sailin' along real purtty like... :-)

Sorry, I'm in a weird mood this morning...

Cheers!

Bob
--- Charles Rishel <chaz03 at localnet.com> wrote:
> First of all, glad to see the servers back up and running.. mind saying
> what took them down for the past few days?
>
> ok.. on to my question,
> Has anyone had problems running RPM version 4.0x and above?  A friend and I
> installed MD8.1 on his system and it installed v4.0x of RPM.. and it does
> not recongize the --rebuild switch to build source RPM's.  I have V3.03 and
> have no problems building source packages.  The man file and the help for
> the command both show the --rebuild switch, but it won't build it.  He gets
> the standard error that he used an unknown switch and it does not list
> --rebuild there.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or
> noticed this on their version of RPM.
>
> Chaz®

=====
Bob Meyer