RMP V 4.0x

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Fri Feb 8 02:26:52 EST 2002

First of all, glad to see the servers back up and running.. mind saying
what took them down for the past few days?

ok.. on to my question,
Has anyone had problems running RPM version 4.0x and above?  A friend and I
installed MD8.1 on his system and it installed v4.0x of RPM.. and it does
not recongize the --rebuild switch to build source RPM's.  I have V3.03 and
have no problems building source packages.  The man file and the help for
the command both show the --rebuild switch, but it won't build it.  He gets
the standard error that he used an unknown switch and it does not list
--rebuild there.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or
noticed this on their version of RPM.

Chaz®