your mail

Conrad Kreyling conrad at nerdland.org
Tue Dec 31 18:16:55 EST 2002

Yeah,
Firstly, you're going to need a copy of transcode going. You can find
that at http://freshmeat.net/redir/transcode/15968/url_homepage/transcode

Secondly, you're going to need a thousand support libs FOR transcode.
They've probably changed over time, but you can get a pretty accurate
list with one ./configure in the transcode source root.

After that comes dvd::rip. You'll need perl-GTK bindings and ImageMagick
installed for that to get anywhere. The setup is pretty weird too, so
read the README.

Now, transcode does the conversion, dvd::rip makes it easy, but you'll
have to burn the file yourself. Fourtinately for you, dvd::rip will
automatically size the file to fit on CD.

That's going to be about it actually. Make sure you do a dual-pass
encode. It takes twice as long, but the visual quality gain is more than
worth it.

Con

--
"All creature will die, and all the things will be broken.
  THAT'S the law of samurai!"