Framebuffer in redhat 8.0

Conrad Kreyling conrad at nerdland.org
Sat Dec 21 02:45:26 EST 2002

Okay!

Yeah, it's more than definately built as a module. The approach you're
taking assumes it's built kernel-proper, or directly into the kernel. To
insert the module (which I assume is names atyfb), run this as root in a
tty (ctrl-alt-F1):

`modprobe atyfb`

After that, use the "fbset" application to modify how the frame buffer
is acting.

This is the standard non-distro-specific version, I warn you. Red Hat
may have done something stupid.

Con

--
"All creature will die, and all the things will be broken.
  THAT'S the law of samurai!"