MandrakeSoft's Future?

Jacob Stoll jstolly92 at netscape.net
Fri Dec 20 19:58:41 EST 2002

I got this email from mandrake today that really suprised me. I guess there really in need of some funds. I'm just going to spread the word if you did not get this email from mandrake.

Flash: MandrakeSoft's Future
----------------------------

Many of you have followed the evolution of MandrakeSoft throughout the
past few years. Everyone who is concerned with the company's future is
encouraged to read and distribute the following message.

Despite the many financial challenges of maintaining a fully open source
business model, MandrakeSoft has always followed the Free Software pproach,
but in this normally joyful holiday season we are experiencing a serious
short-term cash crisis.

In order to reach the next release, MandrakeSoft currently needs to raise
cash and quickly complete an Increase of Capital. Please take a moment to
read this important message at the Mandrake Linux website:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/future.php3

We know you may have read our previous appeals, but if you are truly
concerned about MandrakeSoft's future, now is the time to mobilize and help
spread the word.

With the holidays upon us, a great way to spread some "Linux cheer" is by
offering the gift of a MandrakeClub membership. The Club is a great way to
support MandrakeSoft, and to help others too.

Sincerely,

    The MandrakeSoft team.