Server is up but I could use a few tweaks...

Brian Yurko brian at Buffalo.com
Tue Dec 10 22:58:07 EST 2002

As of 2002-12-10 I can browse to your site via http, but ftp access is denied. Your Linksys device or Linux box is blocking access.

Host  (63.251.83.40) appears to be up ... good.
Interesting ports on  (63.251.83.40):
Port       State       Service
21/tcp     filtered    ftp
80/tcp     open        http

Check the following links to learn more about how you can check or adjust the Linksys device
http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=1#adv
(section on Forwarding near the bottom)
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befsr11_befsr41ug.pdf
(this is the user's guide)

Are you running ipchains/iptables (software firewalls) on your linux box?
# grep initdefault: /etc/inittab
(notice the number in your results (use as # below))
# ls /etc/rc#.d/S*
(look for a file ending with the name ipchains or iptables)
(samples from RH 7.3)

- Brian