LDAP and NIS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 9 12:21:28 EST 2002

I was actually using ldapsearch and the tools in LInux to test a LDAP directory
setup here in DOmino R5.  It was very cool and I figured out how to search for
my name and information using cmd line tools.  Looking for some graphical tools
too, havent found one that mandrake had neatly packaged yet :-)

In the sldap.conf (which Mandrake puts in /usr/share  not /etc) I noticed that
there was an entry for an nis schema, I looked at it but didn't fully
understand.

I would appreciate any information or suggestions you may find...

JJN