power off

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Dec 7 19:07:02 EST 2002

> You would rather hit the power button than selecting shutdown from the
> logout feature?

I'm a lazy man....

Actually, I was only testing that feature on my desktop.  it would be used
for an integrated system that would be controlled via remote control,
or a box without a keyboard.

but it's a feature that I know can be put to use in the future.

-Rob

> > Most computers today use ATX MOBO's which take advantage of the soft
> > power on/off feature.  In windows this is really nice cuz I can just hit
> > the power button, and Win 98/2K/XP will properly shut itself down, and
> > power off the machine.
> >
> > So I was thinking, I wonder if linux does this too?  So I load up my box,
> > get into KDE, and hit the power button.
> >
> > *poof*
> >
> > machine turns itself off.  no linux shutdown, no halt command, no nuthin.
> > oh I hated that.  So I ask, does anyone know how to implement this
> > feature, or do I get to google for the answer?
> >

> > Dege
> >
> > So Many Things in Life Would Be Really Funny
> > .... If They Weren't Happening To Me

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me