Server is up but I could use a few tweaks...

Joseph Lukasiewicz jlukasiewicz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 11:35:51 EST 2002

Hi,

Thought I would pose a new line of questions to the thread that has been running...

I have powerlink and a linksys box sharing the cable access to about 4 desktops and the alpha server at my house (the family that computes together)...

The Alpha is running Red Hat 7.2 and Apache 1.3.  I have a registered domain www.wnyit.com running on the server using NO-IP.

I can get to the box via WS-FTP using the internal NAT IP number from a PC right next to the server.  However I cannot seem to get to the server using the ftp://www.wnyit.com as the url address ...

I'd like to be able to do remote updates to my web site - What am I missing, or more importantly, what should I configure to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Lukasiewicz