The group .... My take

mpo mpo1 at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 3 15:51:52 EST 2002

I have to agree with Ray on this point. I get the emails from this group
every day and most of the time the subject matter is way beyond my
experience. I'm not at all saying that more upper level topics shouldn't
be discussed between you guys with the know-how, but as far as taking
interest in the group goes it's hard to maintain enthusiasm when I don't
know what is being discussed on a user level. I also said that I agreed
with the mentoring idea when it was first brought up a couple months ago
but interest didn't go far with the group. My main reason for getting
involved with the group was to learn. It still is. If we are to get
people more involved in the group let's delve into more mainstream user
issues like wireless, digital photography, home networking etc.  My 2 cents.

One tip I did pick up on from this group is Knoppix, the linux distro
run from the cd-rom. Someone from nflug had mentioned it ( I forget who
) so I tried it on my laptop yesterday and I have to say it is "cool".
It recognized all my hardware without a hitch and I'm writing this email
with it.  It's amazing all the software on one cd. You can get it at
cheapbytes.com for $4.95.

Mike Osika